Course Schedule 2021
Prices at a glance: (no increases from 2020)
- Basic Bladesmithing R6 500,
- Full House R10 500,
- Intro to Damascus R7 600,
- ABS 2-week R17 000
- Handles, Fittings and Sheaths R9 600
- Look and Learn R1 000
2021 On-Demand Courses, where you can request a course, as a group of 3 or sometimes more.
2021 On Demand Courses
|date on demand||Intro to Damascus||3 days||3 people|
|date on demand||Look and Learn||1 day||4 to 12 people|
|date on demand||One-on-one courses||depending on project|
2021 Scheduled Courses
|January 28 to 31||Advanced Damascus Chef Knife||Fully booked|
|February 10 to 14||Full House||Fully booked|
|15 to 25 February||One on One Advanced Damascus and Handles||Fully booked|
|19 to 21 Feb||Advanced Damascus||Fully booked|
|February 26 to 28||Basic Bladesmithing||2 places available|
|March 10 to 14||Full House||Fully booked|
|April 5 to 9||Full House||Fully booked|
|April 12 to 23||ABS Intro To Bladesmithing||Fully booked|
|April 26 to 30||Handles, Fittings and Sheaths||4 places available|
|May 14 to 16||Basic Bladesmithing||1 place available|
|May 26 to 30||Full House||Fully booked|
|June 7 to 18||ABS Intro to Bladesmithing||2 places available|
|June 21 to 25||Handles, Fittings and Sheaths||4 places available|
|July 2 to 4||Basic Bladesmithing||3 places available|
|September 24 to 26||Basic Bladesmithing||4 places available|
|October 13 to 17||Full House||2 places available|
|November 24 to 28||Special Project Dagger Build||3 places available|
|December 15 to 19||Full House||2 places available|
|December 27 to 30||Special Project Bowie Build||3 places available|
Heavin Forge reserves the right to cancel and change dates of courses.
Our courses are very popular and book up quickly. Please email us to be added to our cancellation/waiting list, we will contact all of you if a student cancels and take a replacement on a first-come, first-serve, basis. email@example.com
Terms and conditions of booking
If Covid-19 regulations prevent your course from going ahead, you will not lose your deposit or any other payments made to us. We will reschedule your course for a later date.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable booking deposit of R2 000 per person is required to secure booking. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check that the course dates are still available and for us to send you our bank account details, they are not on the website to avoid double bookings.
- Balance of course fees to be paid in full one month prior to course dates. for the 2-week ABS Intro to Bladesmithing course.
- Balance of course fees to be paid in full for all other courses, on or before the date of the course.
Your booking deposit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another class date but can be transferred to another student for the same course that was booked. Notice of cancellation must be done no later than one month prior to the date of the start of the class. Refunds (less deposit) can only be made after that date if a replacement student fills the vacancy. No refunds will be given if a student withdraws once the class has begun.
- You are welcome to pay the course off monthly, just make certain to keep us up to date with payments.
- Bunkhouse: R180 per person per night, self-catering, payable when you arrive.
- We now have separate accommodation and ablutions for ladies or couples at the same price as the bunkhouse.