Course Schedule 2021
All courses for 2020 have been rescheduled for 2021 due to Kevin having injured his hand badly (not a workshop accident, but a motorbike "incident" not an accident), putting him out of action for the rest of 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
Prices at a glance:
- Basic Bladesmithing R6 500,
- Full House R10 500,
- Intro to Damascus R7 600,
- ABS 2-week R17 000
- Handles, Fittings and Sheaths R9 600
- Look and Learn R1 000
2021 On-Demand Courses, where you can request a course, as a group of 3 or sometimes more.
2021 On Demand Courses
|date on demand||Intro to Damascus||3 days||3 people|
|date on demand||Look and Learn||1 day||4 to 12 people|
|date on demand||One-on-one courses||depending on project|
2021 Scheduled Courses
|February 10 to 14||Full House||Fully booked|
|February 26 to 28||Basic Bladesmithing||4 places available|
|April 12 to 23||ABS Intro To Bladesmithing||Fully booked|
|April 26 to 30||Handles, Fittings and Sheaths||6 places available|
|May 14 to 16||Basic Bladesmithing||4 places available|
|May 26 to 30||Full House||1 place available|
|June 7 to 18||ABS Intro to Bladesmithing||4 places available|
|June 21 to 25||Handles, Fittings and Sheaths||5 places available|
|July 2 to 4||Basic Bladesmithing||3 places available|
|July 14 to 18||Full House||3 places available|
|September 13 to 24||ABS Intro to Bladesmithing||6 places available|
|September 27 to Oct 1||Handles, Fittings and Sheaths||6 places available|
|October 13 to 17||Full House||3 places available|
|December 15 to 19||Full House||3 places available|
|December 28 to 30||Basic Bladesmithing||4 places available|
Heavin Forge reserves the right to cancel and change dates of courses.
Our courses are very popular and book up quickly. Please email us to be added to our cancellation/waiting list, we will contact all of you if a student cancels and take a replacement on a first-come, first-serve, basis. firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of booking
- A non-refundable, non-transferable booking deposit of R2 000 per person is required to secure booking. Please email us at email@example.com to check that the course dates are still available and for us to send you our bank account details, they are not on the website to avoid double bookings.
- Balance of course fees to be paid in full one month prior to course dates.
Your booking deposit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another class date but can be transferred to another student for the same course that was booked. Notice of cancellation must be done no later than one month prior to the date of the start of the class. Refunds (less deposit) can only be made after that date if a replacement student fills the vacancy. No refunds will be given if a student withdraws once the class has begun.
- You are welcome to pay the course off monthly, just make certain to keep us up to date with payments.
- Bunkhouse: R180 per person per night, self-catering, payable when you arrive.
- We now have separate accommodation and ablutions for ladies or couples at the same price as the bunkhouse.